75-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training and Immersion
February 16 – April 15, 2018 (5 weekends)
with Marije E. Paternotte
at Inlet Yoga in Manasquan (NJ)
You are invited on a journey into silence. In this Yin Yoga Teacher Training of 75 hours you will learn and explore the basic principles of the Taoist practice of Yin Yoga, Pranayama and Mindfulness Meditation. This training will allow you to teach this practice with confidence, as ample time will be dedicated to the art of teaching, based on a solid and effective teaching methodology. Marije is a long-time student of Sarah Powers. This training is based on what she has learned from Sarah, Paul Grilley, and Bernie Clark, and her own experience as a dedicated practitioner and teacher trainer.
Students who do not wish to teach but simply want to deepen their practice and understanding of Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation are equally welcome in the training.
• Extensive practice of Yin Yoga, Pranayama and Mindfulness Meditation, and some additional Yang Yoga;
• An in-depth exploration of what Yin Yoga is;
• Understanding the difference between Yin and Yang;
• Basic anatomy and physiology, and learning how every body is unique;
• Posture clinic: understanding the Yin Yoga postures, learning to work with props and modifications, and how to assist students;
• The physical, emotional and mental benefits and effects of Yin Yoga;
• Basic principles of Chinese Medicine, the Meridian theory, and the energy body;
• Basic principles of Mindfulness Meditation and Buddhism;
• Retreat Day
• Practice in teaching Yin Yoga;
• Self study.
This training can also be taken as an Immersion by completing only Part 1, or Part 1 and Part 2. Part 1 - The Physical Body: 30 hours Part 2 - The Energy Body: 30 hours Part 3 - The Mental Body: 15 hours
This training can also be taken as an Immersion by completing only Part 1, or Part 1 and Part 2.
• Part 1 - The Physical Body: 30 hours
• Part 2 - The Energy Body: 30 hours
• Part 3 - The Mental Body: 15 hours
The program has to be taken in this order.
Program dates and hours for 2018:
Friday February 16: 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday February 17: 11:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday February 18: 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Friday February 23: 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday February 24: 11:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday February 25: 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Friday March 16: 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday March 17: 11:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday March 18: 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Friday March 23: 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday March 24: 11:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday March 25: 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Friday April 13: 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday April 14: 12:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday April 15: 12:00 – 6:30 p.m.
Please note: In order to receive certification, your attendance for the full training is required. If training time is missed, you will be required to schedule privates with Marije outside of regular training hours, which will incur an extra cost. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
The 30 and 60-hour Immersion will not lead to a teaching certificate. Those taking the Immersion are asked not to teach the practice of Yin Yoga until after receiving certification.
In the case of a snow-day or other unforeseen circumstances, Saturday April 21 is reserved as a “make-up” day.
The onsite-training will consist of 75 contact hours. Students will be required to complete additional hours of self-study (as per further instructions), practice, and read the required reading material. Expect to dedicate additional hours during the training to take classes, and to prepare for practice teaching and the final exam.
For Yoga Alliance registered yoga teachers this program is eligible for 75 hours of Continuing Education. Continuing Education is required to maintain your status as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
Requirements for the 75-hour teacher training and the Immersion:
• At least 6 months of weekly Yin Yoga practice prior to the program;
• At least 2 years of weekly practice of Hatha or Vinyasa yoga prior to the program;
• A 200-hour Yoga teacher training certification is not required but recommended;
• A willingness to practice and be present as a dedicated student;
• Self-study (as per further instructions) in addition to training hours.
• Book: Insight Yoga by Sarah Powers;
• Book: Yin Yoga principles & practice by Paul Grilley;
• Book: Mindfulness in Plain English by Bhante Gunuratana (for full training students only).
Additional recommended reading/watching (not required):
• Book: The complete guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark;
• Book: Loving kindness by Sharon Salzberg;
• Book: The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long;
• DVD: Insight Yoga by Sarah Powers;
• DVD: Yin Yoga by Paul Grilley.
30-hour Immersion: USD 600.00
60-hour Immersion: USD 1100.00
Tuition for the full training: USD 1,400.00
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL till November 1st, 2017: USD 1,200.00 (for the full training only)
Everyone who is interested in joining this Yin Yoga Teacher Training has to fill out an application. Please use the Apply Now Button
Participation is only confirmed after acceptance of your application and receipt of full payment of the tuition. The program is limited to 20 students (of which maximum 5 Immersion students), to ensure an intimate, safe and spacious learning environment.
Learn more about our 75-Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Marije E. Paternotte.
LEARN MORE NOW!