WHAT STYLE OF YOGA IS THE INLET TEACHER TRAINING?
At Inlet our graduates are taught more than the yoga alliance 10 hrs of anatomy but they are given almost 20 hrs of anatomy, physiology and kinesiology. This is built into how they learn to construct all classes, build their voice and queuing techniques
HOW PROFICIENT IN YOGA DO I HAVE TO BE TO DO THE 200-HOUR PROGRAM?
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN THE 200-HOUR INLET TEACHER TRAINING?
- Asana based on anatomy physiology kinioslogy. Inspired safe movement.
- Sequencing and queuing- developing, constructing and communicating an effective safe creative class
- Hands-on Assists including what is appropriate how to “read a body”
- Pranayama/ breath work techniques
- Philosophy of yoga based on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Restorative and Yin
- Ayurveda- sister science of yoga on how to maintain the body’s balance and health
- Sanskrit (basic sound and translations)
- Chakras- energy centers of the body and how they work within the practice of movement
- Mantra (repeated Vedic mediational chants) and mudras
- Business of Yoga- how to market yourself and be successful as a teacher in today’s environment
- Pre/ Post natal yoga and how to construct classes for this special population.
WHAT IS INLET’S CANCELLATION POLICY? WHAT IS NEEDED TO SECURE MY SPOT?
Should you cancel within 15 – 30 days prior to the Teacher Training commencing you are not eligible for any refund of any kind and any balance whatsoever in accordance with the Inlet Yoga Teacher Training.
All fees for Teacher Training are for Teacher Training at Inlet Yoga only, and cannot be transferred or used for other services, classes, workshops, or products. Once the training program begins your tuition is ineligible for refund, no exceptions.
Your cancellation must be made in writing or via email to [email protected] Your refund will be processed and a check sent to you within 30 days of confirmation of receipt of your cancellation in accordance with the refund policy set forth herein.
WHAT ARE THE 200-HOUR GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS?
- Attendance of all teacher training sessions
- completion of all homework requirements and readings
- completion of teaching practical
- passing mark on final exam
WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO BE A TEACHER?
CAN I PRACTICE AT INLET DURING TRAINING?
ARE ANY BOOKS AND MATERIALS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE TRAININGS?
200-Hour Required Reading:
- Heart of Yoga by Desikachar
- A Path with Heart by Jack Kornfield
- Light On Yoga by B.K.S Iyengar
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Swami Satchidananda
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MAKE UP MISSED TIME IN THE TEACHER TRAINING?
There are two options to true up your training within the 12 month period:
- Schedule private lessons with the instructor either while the program is underway or post program graduation to make up the time you missed. Or,
- Should there be another training in the same year with the same curriculum at Inlet Yoga, you can attend the session days you were absent to make up the classes for graduation. If the training is sold out, you must wait for another training in the same year with space available to make up the time you missed.
Should you choose Option A above, the following pricing and makeup hours apply:
- One Hour Private Session = 1 – 4 hours of missed class time
- 1.5 Hour Private Session = 5 – 6 hours of missed class time
- Two Hour Private Session = 7 – 8 hours of missed class time
- No more than eight hours of missed class time is acceptable for graduation
Private makeup lessons $100 – $150 per hour plus a $35 studio space usage fee per session.
Find a Class
From Inlet Yoga Class Schedule
Drop us a line
Don't be shy. Let us know if you have any questions!