Welcome to The Inlet Yoga Center! Whether you are an experienced practitioner or a first time yoga student, we want your experience to be the best possible. If you have any questions, please let us know. Our staff is here to support you along your yoga journey of transformation!
We want you to find the classes that are right for you. Because of this, we offer a special package just for new students. Our $29 One Week Unlimited Yoga is designed to give you an opportunity to try different types of classes and take classes from as many teachers as possible. With over 30 classes a week and more than 12 teachers to choose from, we are sure you’ll find something that resonates with you! As a new student, you will also receive a 10% discount on all purchases (excluding workshops and teacher trainings) during your first week at our studio. For example, this can be used on any of our yoga packages, and merchandise such as books, malas and clothing.
As a new student, there are a few things you should remember:
- We believe that yoga should be practiced mindfully. This means listening to your body, using modifications, and basically – doing what feels right for you. This will help you find the teacher within. Our classes are open to all, however if you are an absolute beginner please make sure to introduce yourself to the teacher and allow them to set you up properly for class. Likewise if you have an injury you feel will affect your practice please let the teacher know so they may make suggestions on how to take care of yourself during practice.
- We want your practice at Inlet to be a beautiful experience EVERY time. Our staff welcomes and encourages your questions and feedback! Let us know how we are doing and how we can help.
- If possible, try to arrive early and/or sign up online to ease the flow at our front desk.
- Be prepared to sweat! With the exception of Gentle and Yin our classes may be vigorous and though not a heated studio the room does stay about 75-80 for ease and lengthening in the muscles.
- First and last rows are not recommended for new students. If you are unfamiliar with the yoga postures, place your mat in the middle of the room so you may look around if needed.The only items that should be brought into the yoga room are mats, towels and water. We strive to maintain a clean space for our students, so please leave personal items such as cell phones, shoes, mat bags and purses/wallets in your vehicle or in the reception area.
- Yoga should be done more than just occasionally. It is meant to be a daily practice! The more you do yoga, the more your body can acclimate. Meaning, the more yoga you practice, the more you benefit, and the better you will feel. An ideal yoga practice should incorporate different teachers and styles of yoga. This is why we offer all these great options!
Please come to one of my classes and introduce yourself – I love to meet new students! Let me know how you are doing and how we can make your experience better. My hope is that you benefit from your yoga experience…… physically, mentally and spiritually!
Yours In Devotion,