Inlet Yoga’s International Retreats
Join Inlet Yoga for a Yoga Retreat and Adventure in Dominical, Costa Rica in April 2019
Dates: April 7th – 13th 2019
We are super excited to announce our first ever Yoga Retreat to Costa Rica in April 2019 being led by our very own Carrie Godesky and Jennifer Vafakos! A retreat specially designed to honor ritual and celebration.
We have chosen Danyasa Eco Retreat Center in DOminical Costa Rica as our sublime destination and our sense of adventure is highlighted with yoga, good food, deserted beaches, relaxation, friends or exploration, Imagine yourself sitting beneath a majestic waterfall, zip-lining through the rainforest canopy, riding horses on a deserted beach, diving under the warm waves and practicing yoga in a beautiful Bamboo Yoga Play studio.
Make new friends, explore and adventure, deepen your practice. Join us for the experience of a lifetime!
Our yoga retreats
Our Yoga Retreat will be held at Danyasa Eco-Retreat in Dominical, Costa Rica. Danyasa offers an ecologically friendly retreat space. Join us in this sanctuary for exploration and transformation through yoga, surf, play, movement, healing arts, relaxation, adventure, community and a connection to nature like you’ve not had before. Inlet Yoga strives to provide top notch teacher trainings, workshops, private sessions, classes, tours, events and as well as excellence in service in our boutique and our accommodations! Our goal lies in exploring myriad ways to better ourselves… giving us more tools to move through the world, living artfully.
Nestled at the base of rainforested mountains on the bank of the Baru River in Dominical, Costa Rica, Danyasa Eco-Retreat provides a sanctuary for living artfully in nature. We are a boutique yoga retreat center with a focus on providing you with everything you need to explore both the wonders of Costa Rica’s abundant nature as well as the wonders of your inner landscape. We invite you to join us for relaxation, play, adventure, creativity and transformation by way of classes, workshops, retreats, trainings and adventure tours. Our commitment to you is to always maintain a level of excellence and an intention to inspire.
About Domenical de Osa
The quaint beach town of Dominical lies on the northern border of the Osa Peninsula, considered the most bio-diverse place on Earth by the National Geographic Society and the United Nations. Dominical and the surrounding areas boast world class surf, lush jungle covered mountains that soar from the sea, an abundance of exciting adventure opportunities and spectacular natural attractions ranging from waterfalls to sea caves to hidden beaches and more!
Dominical offers a number of great restaurants, from local “tipico” cuisine to international options such as sushi, mexican, vegetarian, cafes, steak houses and more. Most everything you need can be easily gotten in Dominical, with amenities such as a health food store with over 100 organic fruits and vegetables as well as natural products, an artisan market, a bank, a variety of stores and shopping and several grocery stores.
For pricing options and availability, write [email protected], on our Yoga Retreats
This Yoga Retreat Includes
- Welcome snack upon arrival
- Two (2) homemade, organic vegetarian meals per day (all allergy and dietary needs can be accommodated)
- Transportation to and from San Jose Airport (SJO) coordinated for retreat attendees in two groups.
- Morning yoga class or workshop
- Afternoon yoga class (usually slower flow)
- Hike through Rainmaker Conservation Project (optional)
- Animal Sanctuary/ Rehab Tour (included)
- Nauyaca Waterfall Walk-in Tour (included)
- Whale and Dolphin Watching Uvita (optional)
- Jungle Night Tour (included)
- Ventanas Cave and Beach Tour (optional)
- Jungle Horseback Tour (optional)
- Surfing (optional)
- Mangrove Tour by Boat (optional)
- Cano Snorkeling and Diving (optional)
- Pool and sundeck with hammocks, lounge chairs, umbrellas
- Onsite concierge to book excursions
and much more!
Sample daily schedule
- 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Yoga class
- 9:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 10:30 a.m. Explore the beach and Dominical
- 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 2:00 p.m. Afternoon at the beach (option for beach excursion)
- Afternoon yoga class
- Evening with Carrie and Jennifer ( example of Satsang: sacred gathering- fire ceremony, meditation, intention setting)
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Free filtered water
- Private bathrooms
- Hot water
- eco-friendly soaps and detergents however no shampoo or conditioner they recommend bringing eco- friendly products. ALso Domenical is a few minute walk from Danyasa have everything you might forget 🙂
Helpful information so you enjoy your Costa Rica yoga retreat:
- The currency is Colon. Exchange rate averages between 530 to 550 colones to US dollar. US dollar is generally accepted everywhere. If you do pay in dollars, you will receive change in colons. Recommended to bring denominations of $20 or less.
- Water: No need to buy plastic bottles of water. Just bring your favorite water bottle and refill at filtered water stations. All water on property goes through 2 filters before reaching the room and kitchen.
- Alcohol: Danyasa does not serve alcohol on site. However Alcohol is allowed on the property during your retreat if you want it to be! The whole space is ours so it’s up to you 🙂 Dominical is not dry… the beautiful brewery Fuego is one of their neighbors! They have amazing margaritas too
- Credit cards: Danyasa takes both cc and cash (USD works just as easily as local currency) on site. There is a 13% fee for credit cards at Danyasa, so cash is definitely preferable for booking excursions or buying anything in our amazing onsite boutique. In town, USD is accepted everywhere, and a few of the larger restaurants accept ccs. There is an atm in town as well.
- Passport: Required and must have at least 6 months validity remaining to enter country. No visa required if traveling from US or CAD.
Electrical power: Same outlets at US so no need for adaptors.
- Weather: April is the green season. Rain does not begin until late afternoon or evening.
Find a Class
From Inlet Yoga Class Schedule
Drop us a line
Don't be shy. Let us know if you have any questions!