A few things I learned in 2019:
1) You will never please everyone. Don't bother. What is it to please yourself, take time for and honor self as the most important cherished authentic tool to take into this broken world?
2) Finding peace is hard. We spend our entire lives looking for connection, belonging, acceptance. The only place we can truly find this is "ground zero" starting with ourselves. Do the work. Show up for yourself and do the practice. There is no quick fix.
3) We all want to help, (the entire yoga community is filled with "helpers"). Truth is you can't help or change anyone. Worrying or championing a cause borderlines on the dangerous territory of righteousness and holding power over another. Charity is not for the intentions of gains. Your's or another's. Charity should be of effortless compassion without expectation but, oftentimes, it is disguised as some level of control or the paving of a personal hero's journey.
4) We all make mistakes. The bigger the mistake the greater the possibility of learning. Keep in mind- We don't always learn the first go around. Rinse. Repeat. Until we learn.
5) Everything works well again if just unplugged for a little while- including you- love this gift from Anne Lamott paraph
6) "High Vibes Only" is BS in yoga culture. You need the dark and the light. In fact, the dark is where all the goodness can grow from. Be in it, just don't live there.