Stress has its degrading effects on our immune system and right now whether it is the political climate, the economy or COVID19 here are some common sense ways we should make the best use of lifestyle to minimize stress.
- Restful sleep good restful sleep (between 8 and 9 hrs a night)
- Meditation and stress management (this could be anything from journaling thoughts, spending time with loved ones, or talking with a confidant about what is bothering you) to reduce inflammation and stress in the body
- Self-awareness and mindfulness
- Exercise and movement
- Deep breathing and asana
- Activating your parasympathetic nervous system. (think rest and digest) instead of the sympathetic nervous system (think fight or flight). Through deep relaxation, we can promote vagus nerve (think command center for the parasympathetic nervous system) activation- a healing system in the body
- Meditation and Pranayama
- Focus on healthy emotions instead of panic. Love, Compassion, Joy, Empathy deep listening to one another, being positive, giving each other attention, affection appreciation, looking at the situation with sobriety and not panic
- Healthy food choices, supplements that are anti-inflammatory.